|Adelfo's goal is to look like an anatomy chart. Now, I don't know about you, but I have seen dozens of anatomy charts that reveal less details of the human physiology than this side-shot which was taken only three days ago.|
- the ameliorative effect of no more than 3g of glutamine on skeletal muscle damage and reductions in immune functions, when you're training like a maniac (learn more about glutamine)
- the superiority of protein blends with respect to net protein retention and why the way most protein supplementation studies are designed has brought about an overreliance on whey protein and a questionable "post-workout window of opportunity" (suggested read: "Opening the Anabolic Barndoor With the Key of Science")
- what percentage of track and field athletes would consider using performance enhancing drugs, if they had the chance and how side effects and the possibility of being busted would influence their decisions (suggested read: "The Brocebo Effect")
- gluten degrading bacteria most of us already have in heir guts and/or mouths and how they could help fight celiac and co. (learn more about gluten & co)
- the importance of doing both, cardio and weight lifting for anyone who's interested in optimal heart health (suggested read(s): "Weights or Cardio, What Comes First?")
- the fat burning effects of sildenafil and how it's combination with EGCG from green tea may turn viagra into an anti-cancer drug (read more about viagra & natural alternatives)
Adelfo Cerame is back in the houseWell, after a short hiatus from SuppVersity (a well excused one by the way), I’m back to continue my responsibilities of making my guest blogs every other Thursday anin order to share my experiences with the SuppVersity readers as I continue my journey through the world of fitness, nutrition and physical culture ;-)
|For those of you who have not been following Adelfo's blogposts right from the beginning: You can read up on his amazing and truly inspiring story how, he got injured and turned it life around in his very first SuppVersity post.|
I’ve been chasing this piece of paper for a while now and fell short twice last year to two worthy competitors. And as bad as I want that title, I know it’s not priority and never have and never will hold that title on a pedestal to where it becomes my main focus in life. It's my passion, yeah, but in the end it’s just bodybuilding, and not that important when I compare it to other aspects or priorities in my life…
Don't get it twisted, though! I am a competitor ...
.. and I will bring my “A+” game this March, and feel that I’ve made all the necessary adjustments and right moves to put myself in that position. This year I’ve surrounded myself with a great support system of friends, family, mentors, coaches and teammates that have motivated and pushed me physically and mentally to better myself from last year and to put me in a great position to have a shot at that thing again.
|Figure 1: Comparison shot this vs. last contest prep back double biceps(img. Adelfo Cerame. 2012-13)|
Full, pumped and yet still more defined - what more can you ask for?
|In case you don't remember the full story, here is how Adelfo Cerame finally turned his 3-year love and hate relationship with carbs into a highly appreciated ergogenic & delicious friendship (read more)|
I feel that I’m way ahead of schedule from where I was at last year. And from the conversations that coach Alberto and I had; he told me that we haven’t even begun to get serious yet. Lol. So if that’s the case, then from this point on, I’m pretty curious and excited to see for myself how much further I can push my body so I can really achieve that disgusting anatomy chart look ;-)
"Bring on those homemade cheeseburgers, slow churned ice, and poptart pastries!"
|Learn more about the RPE routine Adelfo used earlier in his prep|
Well that’s all for this week folks! I’m glad to be back on a more consistent level from now on. And please feel free to leave comments below, positive or negative I will try to respond to all of them! Thanks for your on-going support :-)